Tuesday, July 8, 2008

PAK UTIH, PAK UTEH, BAK KUT TEH

The new song, Pak Utih is very.. 'whew'.. challenging. Apparently it's a Melayu Asli Song (susahhhhhnyerrr especially when you're not used to listening or singing this type of genre).

Concentrating too hard trying to get the lyrics right without screwing up the notes, I guess that was why I phased out unconsciously for 5 seconds (according to Mervyn) and did not realize that Mervyn was actually waving at me ( and I was standing right in front of him at that time).

Pak Utih is supposed to be pronounced as 'Pak Uteh' . The danger of this is that if not pronounced properly, our singing will sound like 'Bak Kut Teh'.

The turns in this song, my oh my...all I can say is luckily it has been simplified.

Guys, Bak Kut Teh tu sedap ke?

No comments: