Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I am now a blog virgin no more....

This blog site has the singular honor of deflowering me....was a bit bewildering as took me 5 minutes to figure out how to put out a post. And now we have the formalities out of the way, I'm taking to this like a duck to water.

Anyway, having cold sweats and showers after realising that its less than a month to go and we've hardly finished Act One. Also wondering what the fringe benefits of joining this production are as the only person I get to fondle is Malik everytime he says 'Yes' to my proposal (Tisha eat ur heart out!!!)...must be my ability to get my tongue around those difficult vowels during 'Dream of Tomorrow' as I definitely see his pipe quivering.


After Monday and wearing my 70s glasses for the first time, I now know how it feels to be a Head Librarian. I console myself by thinking "I'm Clark Kent, I'm Clark Kent" but thank god I manage to stop myself before putting my briefs on the outside of my pants. Of course, this is not helped by knowing I have to put myself in a Bush Jacket during my scenes....Joe I'm not paid enough for this!!!! Was really hoping this was going to be a funky interpretation of the times but looks like realism is the key word here.

In exactly a week's time we're having our first official teaser preview to the press and I'm suffering issues like an ape on constipation pills. Totally paranoid of forgetting my lines during the song and OMG the monologues!!!! Does not help knowing that I have to make the announcement of the formation of Barisan Nasional at Act 2 and re-examining the social contracts made after May 13th (guys if I don't appear after the premier, I've done a Balasundram and gone into hiding to avoid the ISA). Well, if I'm going to suck, I have to make sure others suck worse so have to encourage Tisha to go into her full American Accent, Malik to nod like a demented marionette all the time and Ari to SING!!!! Either that or go into full Prime Minister mode and make any damn changes I want....

Ok, I've had fun for now and will post some more musings and thots soon. Anyway, I'm off until Sunday so have to talk to myself to practise the lines.

5 comments:

u-en said...

Balasubramaniam la. And no social contracts were re-examined during the making of this musical.

(gilaka? nanti mata2 tangkap kami semua masuk ISA mati laaaaa)

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

hahhaa you are like such a girl la when you write this post :P bwahaha... and i can sense the cynicism of 'Razak' towards 'Neno'... ooooooohhh drama

Belinda said...

So you've finally lost your virginity! Was is exciting?

I'm in agreement about the fringe benefits - I only get to fondle Malik too! He is such a player :) Nevermind - I get so much more attention as a blonde!

Unknown said...

well, i get to have 6 kids with him so there...Zakry, eat your heart out!!!!!!

yes linora...aronil...terbawak-bawak man the character of "Tun Razak" off stage!

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

Hahahaha why are you all fighting to fondle malik!! hahahahahahahh so farney.... eh i just realised... i got to do one fondle scene too!! wahhhahaha